- B.S., Civil Engineering, University of Michigan, 1981.
- Graduate studies, Structural Dynamics, San Jose State University, 1982.
- Over 34 years of nuclear power industry structural engineering, physical security and management experience working on both Boiling Water Reactors (BWR) and Pressurized Water Reactors (PWR).
- Project management and Middle Manager Leadership training through the AREVA University (through U. of Virginia and Duke University), 2009 and 2010, respectively.
- Registered Professional Engineer
- Previously INPO ACAD 98-02 design qualified at multiple nuclear power sites for the preparation and review of modification packages, and 10CFR50.59 screens and evaluations.
- Technical strengths: Structural Analysis and Design, Piping Stress Analysis, Pipe Support Analysis and Design, Pressure Vessel Analysis, Finite element analysis (FEA) and dynamic analysis. Strong analytical skills in the area of structural and piping engineering. Skilled in the use of structural software packages such as ANSYS, STARDYNE, GT Strudl, PD Strudl and PISTAR.
- Skilled in computer programming languages such as FORTRAN and C.
- Skilled in engineering management and project management.