SYKESVILLE, MD – July 16, 2014 – GSE Systems, Inc. (NYSE MKT: GVP), a global energy services solutions provider, today announced new contracts valued at approximately $9.5 million involving accident modeling, simulation and engineering services. These projects were awarded during the second quarter of 2014.
Jim Eberle, Chief Executive Officer of GSE, commented, “We believe that these orders reflect the diversity and continuing evolution of GSE’s solutions portfolio. These awards bring total bookings in the first half of 2014 to $16 million. We are especially pleased that our business development initiatives have generated contracts from customers in Asia and Europe, which is in line with our revenue diversification strategy. We remain committed to helping the global energy industry address the looming, critical shortage of skilled energy services workers.”
These new projects are expected to be executed over the next one to two years, and are comprised of:
- $3.9 million in nuclear simulator projects in China and Korea, including an order for GSE’s severe accident solution in China.
- $2.5 million for three full-scope fossil simulators and several fossil simulator upgrades in the United States.
- $1.3 million for a variety of projects in Europe, including a basic principles simulator to teach fundamentals of Advanced Gas Reactor and other simulator upgrades, as well as engineering projects.
- $1.4 million in upgrades to several nuclear simulators in the United States.
- $0.4 million in various contracts for process simulation and training.